Tuesday, January 17, 2012

To Coelho

Hello, Coelho.

I have been wondering what kinds of beauty you see everyday that inspires you
to come up with words like
"purification of metals has led to a purification of themselves."
or like
"Love is beyond time, or, rather, love is both time and space, but all focused on one single constantly evolving point."

I have been wanting to meet you. To savor every bite of poetic sensibility that may come from your sentence, your quietness, and possibly your smile. To talk what it is about love that beings are just crazy about. Possibly then I will understand it better.

Love evolves, Coelho. I used to be able to write about love, or so I thought. I am glad though that love is always elusive. It prevents me from finishing it, from concluding it. I thought I knew love, but I might have not even tasted it. Do you know that love changes forms? It comes in a form of a cloudy day, of a vegetarian pizza, and even in five minutes tardiness to class. Trust me it gets weirder every time.

Until we meet, I will just do my own research, ok? Research about love. And you might be interested in hearing what I read from my method-theory class, that in order to understand a thing, one must change it (Mies, 1991). This statement is supposed to refute the idea that first comes science (understanding), then politics (the change). So by research about love, Coelho, I mean changing how love is theorized, felt, perceived, mapped, practiced.

I will see you soon.


PS. When we meet, can you bring that new book of yours, Aleph? Haven't read it yet. I know it must be good.

4 comments:

  1. Take me with you!! Wanna meet him too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you really gonna meet him? wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope! Meeting him would be a great present haha. I need to check his tour schedule, who knows he might be in the US really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winnie, remind me to take you if I'm meeting Coelho, OK? :) :)

    ReplyDelete