Okay, Indonesia(n artist world) is busy with LN, CT, and AP. Me? I am busy with my own mystery and detective business...lol.
Yesterday, a very good friend in Indonesia chatted with me. She told me about a man that she had an online relationship with. They had been exchanging messages (and photos) and she told me that they both fell in love with each other. I was so happy for her. He was from (and is now in) a country in Europe and they, of course, would try to find a way to meet really soon.
Anyway, she was happy. There was only one problem. She said that her English was not good enough to understand and reply his last e-mail. So, she wanted to send me the e-mail that he sent so that I would be able to help her to reply. Well, love is complicated, anyway, so I agreed after making sure that she (and he?) was OK with me reading their personal e-mail.
Instead of sending me one e-mail, she sent me four e-mails from this guy. One particular e-mail interested me because in it he said that he had one sister who graduated with a Ph.D from the university that I'm going to school to, really soon. He also said that she is now a professor in another university, in a program that I couldn't tell here. I decided to google that program, and I found zero professor graduated with a Ph.D. from the university that he mentioned.
Because their relationship was getting "closer and closer," I decided to tell my friend about my googling and told her to be careful. She said she didn't know how to prove that he wasn't who he said. Long story short, she and I tried to find where he was.
Result: He was in Malaysia, not in a country in Europe, as he said.
My friend and I just laughed and laughed and laughed.
Lessons learned:
Number one.
I still believe that online relationships CAN work. But, I believe more in online relationships that have an offline presence. Haha, that was my thesis.
Number two.
Apparently I don't have enough to do.
Nice post, thanks 4 sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, how did you find out where he was? You're a great detective!
ReplyDelete