I'm curious about my upstairs neighbor(s). I've been here about a week and I think I have seen at least five people coming in and out of that apartment on a regular basis. Every night around 9 or 10 pm, there is this sound of wooden things being moved around. That got me to think about space and place. For the people at the apartment office, this building (or, the space) is called a one-bedroom apartment in a married-student housing. There are rules about who can live in this apartment. I had to provide a copy of my marriage certificate and they said I should report about guests and other occupants of the apartment.
Clearly for some of the occupants, a one-bedroom apartment does not mean anything. It's because although there is only a room that people usually put their bed in, they can turn every room into a room for their beds. :) They have the capacity to turn the limited space into a useful place, a creative place.
Hmm, and this creativity is not limited to an apartment only, but a swing, too.
Happy space-ing and place-ing.
No comments:
Post a Comment