This late afternoon I was working a little bit at "the Cooper". This building is not only where my classes at, but it's also more appropriate to be called the home of my enlightenment. Anyway, I looked outside the window, and I saw snow from a week ago still covering the ground. The sunlight apparently has not been strong enough to melt the lingering snow.
I was thinking about myself, people around me, and about forgiveness. I had been witnessing how as people (myself included) grew up, it became harder and harder to forgive. Teenagers blamed and cursed parents for not raising them good enough. Spouses walked away. Friendships were broken.
Then I was reminded of my two-year-old best buddy, Jack. I accidentally slammed his fingers in the bathroom door. Needless to say, he cried. The next day, he gave me hugs and kisses, showed me his fingers and said, kay, kay. He ensured me that everything was alright.
As I looked outside the window and hoped for more sunlight to melt the snow, I prayed for stronger love that forgives.
No comments:
Post a Comment