Multicultural graduation was on Friday. It was a celebration planned and hosted by Multicultural Affairs at UW. Not only international students participated in the event, but also students who identified themselves as having multicultural backgrounds. Therefore, it was not surprising that many of the participants were from Wyoming. This state has diversity, if we are willing to look closely.
You could enjoy the multicultural graduation with me: http://wyocast.uwyo.edu/WyoCast/Viewer/?peid=d673a086542f4e728398d9e11f956c41
I had my graduation gift. A really good friend I knew since about eight years ago came to Laramie from Alabama. Katie made a HUGE sacrifice to come as she had to work on Friday and had problems with her flights. I really treasured her presence. It is this meaning of friendship that I really value: never give up on your friends. Distance, time difference, life, families, arguments, problems, sometimes even fights, may come. But you don't just give up.
Saturday was THE commencement. I walked in my first commencement back in Spring 2008. Yet this commencement felt different. Another lesson I learned, when you love something, everything feels easier, more enjoyable, and fulfiling. It definitely is NOT easier, but it feels so. I hope I will be able to do what I love, and love what I do. Happy commencement!
No comments:
Post a Comment