If American Studies is a home where I can combine my interests in online community, ethnography, volunteerism, and everyday practice of citizenship, the Cooper house for me has been a place of learning, sharing, and giving. My inspirational process of learning happens through friendships (especially with my 2010 cohorts: Anna, Helis, Hilery, Mandy, Nate, and Rachel), through times I enjoy and conversations I have in the Cooper house classrooms (both as a student and as a TA), GA experience with the Wyoming Arts Council, and volunteer work with the Wyoming Humanities Council and Philanthropic Educational Organization.
These two years have been teaching me the interconnectedness of life on campus, at my apartment, at work, and everywhere I live my daily life. I am looking forward to connecting all this experience with my future experience in the American Studies program at P. University. From brown and gold, to black and gold. I will miss you all so much.
RMNP, Colorado. With Rae and Jack, June 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment