Monday, September 6, 2010

How are you today?

I hope this posting finds all of you well.

I'm good, it's just there have been a lot of things to do, think about, see, discern, feel, refuse, and pray about. Life continues to be amazing and full of little sweet surprises here and there, including:
- I found my camera charger. Yay! It was in one of my bag's pockets. So it turned out I've been carrying my charger around. :)
- I went to the local Asian store and found some yummy Indonesian goodies: Kusuka potato chips, kerupuk, ketupat, Indomie and Mie Sedap (my favorite brands of instant noodles lol), sambal ABC, tempe (although very expensive), and some other stuff.
- The weather has been nicer to me and I've been able to do some late-afternoon walking (and running), and hopefully, soon, full running.
- I was just selected one of the committee members for the American Studies program Spring symposium. It means that I'll be learning how to organize a conference. I'm so excited!

I hope your lives are the same, continued to be filled with beauty every single day. The beauty may come in the form of challenges (they come to my life, too), but may we all are given strength to face them and be more than winners.

What D and I made to celebrate what we found at the Asian store, and more importantly, to celebrate our beloved's birthday.




The walking route includes the community garden.







3 comments:

  1. WOW!! kerupuk in Indiana! never thought about that. and ketupat? and tempe? My Gosh!!
    Anyway, i think kusuka is not potato, it's cassava (singkong) hehe.....
    Glad that you found what you need.

    Hm...mie sedap juga udah sampe ke indiana? aku mau kuliah di Indiana aja ah.....hehehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. waah menu makan malamnya "jawa" bangeet :) jadi rinduu kampung halaman :) tempenya belum digoreng yah kok ga ada di foto hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viliya, you're right!! It's cassava, not potato! For some reason I always thought it was potato. I was amazed as well at what the store sells. Come to Indiana, baby :) :)

    Uut, kemarin ga beli tempe abisnya masa sekotak kecil harganya $3.49.... waduh... tar aja deh kalo kepengen banget baru beli hehehe ^^
    Kapan pulang Ut? Nunggu Johanne?

    ReplyDelete