Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Letter for Rae

Hi Rae,
Hope all is well. Today I met the professor I'm going to TA for and he will assign Sherman Alexie's The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. He gave me a free copy to read (yay) and I just finished reading the introduction. I liked the introduction, especially the "revenge" part. It made me think how sad it would be when in this life we decide to give inappropriate, wrong reactions or make wrong decisions. You will be humiliated in someone's book introduction forever ;)
I'm curious what you think about this book.

Also, I came to his office today after my Maymester class where we (again) talked about Philip Deloria's Playing Indian. I also told him about you, haha. To my surprise, this professor has not read Playing Indian and so he asked me to give a lecture on the book later in the semester. Aww, that's an honor considering this is an almost encyclopedic class about lives of the Native Americans.

Ok, back to the book now, but talk to you soon. xoxo.

ps. I thought Jack might want to see how his friends are doing. ;)

2 comments:

  1. miss you so much! mama, suami, dedek baek2 semua? (hehe ga nyebut nama disini)

    ReplyDelete