Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lovely Saturday

After two gloomy days, finally the sun came back today.



There will be a potluck dinner for our knitting group tomorrow, so my friend May and I went shopping this afternoon. She is one of the rare Americans who loves soccer and is very fanatic about the US team (boo hahaha). As you all know, I LOVE Italy (team) so she and I often get into arguments about the (lack of) importance in liking the US team hohoho (she'd be furious when she reads this posting). Today she purposefully put on her US team jersey to remind me how amazing the US soccer team is - one thing that I yet believe ;) ;) ;)



Anyway, we went to buy the ingredients for what we will make - she is making enchiladas (like this) and I will be making "sate ayam" for tomorrow's potluck. These are a couple random pics of the area here taken from inside her car:



href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8zD4bO1CAbPF0M_gQObMUz51KY1Aabi1lSx6U2dQ4iqsqnlyO_blEjtA_Kqwc8b8iG7xUTtqAGwX9t5ChUyVIHzO0xny2_vjqJ2Qo3M30zJrQe4hi9hsa3yjLiuuFd3e2vpXHKaUt-gQ/s1600/P1130768.JPG">

I promised her some fresh lettuce so we went to the garden after shopping. Luckily, we met grandpa and grandma, my garden neighbor that I told you all before, remember? The ones who were always so kind and gave us useful suggestions. We were able to take a pic with them and they even gave May a bag full of lettuce and a piece of small cucumber for May and me. They reported that there was no water in the garden
today - no good. I needed to call the apartment office to tell them.



I also got a couple onions from my own plot, yippee!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! you did plant green onion :) yeay! you can make martabak now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martabak, yuuum. Yes I planted some onions, garlic, and shallots. How are you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm... I've been busy preparing to make kimchi :)and trying to update my blog. Let's have a chat when you have time.

    ReplyDelete