Thursday, August 11, 2011

08/11 10:30pm

It's first anniversary of our living in this town!

Time flies, there is no question about it. Last year at 10:30pm, we finally arrived at our apartment's community center after two days on the road. I remember the time vividly because the community center closed at 11pm and we had to hurry a little bit so that we could check in and get our apartment keys.

It's been a wild ride ever since, in a good way. I could not believe I have started befriending this university, this town, this state. Yeah you might wonder, but after Wyoming, it was hard liking everything here during our first months. :)

Different from our life in WY, the community that has been supporting us this last year consist mostly of non Indonesians. It happens because Indonesians here are mostly single, undergraduate university students that although are great people and friends, they of course have different lifestyles from our lives as a married couple. I am thankful for support that comes from as close as our next-door, bestest neighbors ever, J & M from China, all the way to Rae in ND, Mer in AZ, "Mom and Dad" J & S (WY), Kate in AL, and our family back home through countless conversations, webcam chats, YM & google chats, FB, you name it. Not to mention my awesome American Studies friends and professors who make studying and hard work engaging, interesting, and rewarding!

D and I celebrated by enjoying butter pecan ice cream together. He surprised me with the ice cream and of course showered me with hugs, kisses, and love... ah, my heart is still pounding with all the jolts, joy, and happiness :)
And today the Giver of Life gave me personally a one-year anniversary gift: a sister! from Indonesia! When I found her and myself held hands in prayers late this evening after talking about how crazy and beautiful our lives were, I knew that I have a wonderful life. A wonderful family.

My blog friends, I think of each of you right now, and pray with all my heart that our lives keep getting more beautiful every single day. I love you all.


About the picture:
One of the first pictures I took in this town - corn fields hahaha....



6 comments:

  1. Eh iya, ya sudah 1 tahun. Ga berasa sungguh ya mba... Missing you both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 tahun cepat sekali Nonnie! We miss you all... besok telpon ya. Mama sehat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehat mba. 2 bulan ini speedynya error. Tp kemarin sudah diurus ma si A. Tinggal tunggu org speedy buat betulin line di PC rumah. Tar bisa web cam an lagi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hore... ya soalnya mas D jam tidurnya kan sekarang agak aneh jadi sulit nemu waktu telpon yang pas. :( Salam buat semua katanya...

    ReplyDelete