Sunday, August 21, 2011

Living A Dream

Fall semester begins tomorrow, so my friend Mei Mei (meaning sister in Chinese), D, and I celebrated with homemade pizza and tea time at our place. I felt like a teenager all over again, getting excited for school to start (are teenagers excited about school? haha). Our 'home' was cleaned (which made me realize that sometimes a boy in the house means a harder time to clean), syllabi were printed, books read, planner fully prepared to absorb crazy schedules and to-dos.

I found myself thinking of a moment like this, between all that has been achieved and what is waiting to be explored. Between struggles as well as sweet past moments, and future walk (or even run) in faith. A horizon.

Anthropology has a word for that. It's liminality.

And in every liminality, I know I am living a dream.

Have a great semester...

3 comments:

  1. have a great semester! You will love it, i bet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you V & W (which, combined, make my favorite brand hahaha). I hope you both will have a great semester/year too.

    ReplyDelete