Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's that time again...

1: I am so happy for you.
2: For what?
1: I don't know. I'm just happy looking at you.
2: Well, that is good - I guess. What makes you think I am happy?
1: You're smiling.
2: Smiling doesn't mean I'm happy. Smiling can mean I decided to be happy.
1: Do you have concerns?
2: Everyone has concerns, I think.
1: Why don't people smile when they have concerns?
2: Everyone handles concerns differently. You cannot force everybody to smile. Some concerns are just (almost) unbearable. And some people choose to smile because they internalize their pain.
1: What do you mean by internalizing their pain?
2: Well, I mean that they choose to deal with the concerns themselves without letting other people know or without showing their concerns.
1: But that is painful.
2: Maybe. Maybe not. Internalizing the pain sometimes works best because then others won't have to go through the same pain of dealing with your sadness or even be the victims of your concerns, for example when you get angry at nothing and you can just need to... get angry, basically.
1: But people always say, show your feeling. Express it.
2: That IS an expression.
1: That is not genuine, though.
2: Oh come on, what is genuine?
1: I mean you have to go through the process of internalizing and thinking before you actually show something.
2: It won't have to be a long process, though, right?
Sometimes two seconds are enough.
1: Maybe.
2: Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment