D and I started our apartment cleaning project because we would need to move soon - the university is going to tear down our apartment complex. Moving in painful, but anyway, I found objects that were really meaningful for us. One of them was a blanket tied with two long rubber bands near the edges. The story was, we could not find body pillow (aka guling in Indonesian). And one of us (I wouldn't tell you who) could not sleep without body pillow, so we just tied the blanket with rubber bands and used it as a body pillow... hahaha... We no longer use the blanket, though. A friend of ours let us know where we could buy good body pillows, and so we did buy one. Then we went home to Indonesia and our sister bought two more for us to bring to the US.
I also found our old colander. We didn't use it to put rice, no. We used it to strengthen the weak Internet connection in our apartment. At that time, the connection was even worse because I had this oldie goldie laptop computer. Of course the colander was D's idea, and I had to admit it worked really well. Now, we simply use Bresnan.
I was humbled by the experiences and by seeing those objects again.
We didn't know much, then we know a bit better through relationships with other people.
We didn't have much, but we learned to be thankful.
We didn't have much, but we have been blessed, continually.
With thankfulness,
No comments:
Post a Comment