Monday, February 22, 2010

Katie Subeignet



I am always amazed at how friendship works.
We were together in Indonesia for a few years, cherishing moments together, our young minds were filled with good work, great friends, and a lot of fun.
Then she moved to the US and I was still back home, missing all the precious moments. We sent each other e-mails, sometimes. :)
Not long, she moved to Bandung and I went to the US. I watched her grow by reading her blog postings, and she asked her grandparents to "watch" me here, sending me clothes and anything I might need to survive in the cold weather.
Finally, after a couple of years, she moved back to the US and I was still here.
And I would not miss the moment.
Point of meeting: Mobile, AL.
Destination of celebration: New Orleans, LA.

And at that point I grasped the meaning of a chain e-mail that I got when I was still working at a company in my home town. That e-mail said, do not give up on friendships. What I found really encouraging though, was the understanding that friendship did not give up on me. :)




Congratulations on your new job, mbak Kay!


Next point of meeting: Laramie, WY.

2 comments:

  1. You're incredible Pam! A precious friend, a beautiful young woman, a wife who has taught me a few tips on how to be a good wife myself one day. Can't wait to see you in May; I'm making reservations this week so our celebrations can continue. By the way, I must frame your blogpost for my office. Love from the Alabama Gulf Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is that on the picture? what kind of food is that? Indonesian or American?

    ReplyDelete