Saturday, February 13, 2010

Place in the Mountains

I think there will be a time where I have to leave the place with the beautiful sky, 7200 feet of altitude, a place of two seasons: winter and "transition."
What makes it hard is the fact that this place is filled not only with landscapes, but because there are relationships in the landscapes.



Soon, the "barracks" will be torn down. Needless to say, one of the relationships is lived inside and outside of the barracks. The left-side neighbor that loves to party, that goes home at 3 AM on Saturday morning, whose barrack is full of life, and love. He was the one that lent me his phone while I locked myself out my own home after a 4th of July fireworks celebration. The right-side neighbor that I'm very sure turns off the smoke alarm so that the other smoke (i.e. cigarette smoke)
may go undisturbed --well, like tonight, when my bathroom suddenly smelled like cigarettes. There was a wink of understanding between us, and sometimes she would kindly drive me to class on Tuesdays, when we apparently had classes at the same time. The right-side neighbor in the old "barrack" that loved music, and loved a "different" person like me. I still saw all these people at times, and although our interactions were limited, we were influenced by each other's presence, and absence.



A quiet street, often with snow on the left and right side of the street, which reminded me of one morning. We were on the way out of town, accompanied by the slick road. Suddenly, the car just danced on the street, turning to the right, left, right. I was sure we were going to end up in the field at the side of the road, hopefully still alive. But thank God for mercy, our friend, the driver, was able to finally stop the car, and there were no other cars behind us.

And not to mention how on the seemingly ok roads, I fell because of ice. Sometimes people saw me, and I could only grin, but sometimes there was no one on the streets.



Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers - for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are. ~Osho



The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree put forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell... Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes - Solomon.

Nature goes so far as relationships draw near.

No comments:

Post a Comment