I have a thorn in the flesh. I feel that at times, there is a tall fence that separates me from understanding what I need to understand. A knowledge, for example.
No matter how I try hard to understand a book, sometimes I just don't get it. When I see my spouse or my friends and how fast they understand what they read or watch, they always amaze me. Too bad, the society I live in tend to value how people are brilliant and how they can communicate bright thoughts. We value how people can think complex ideas, involve in discussions and arguments and always know what to say or answer. There is not much room for efforts. There are only a few points for struggle. I see that brilliant people can write something in much less time because they have the ability to discern and understand complex phenomena really well. Other people struggle to write days and nights, without people knowing it. We see the end product.
If today, the society won't change the way they see things, I pray for a future where efforts and struggle would be much appreciated. Until then, I pray for a mind that understands...
Amen :)
ReplyDelete