Sunday, July 24, 2011

Foodilicious Sunday

I cooked mainly for survival. In the first years of my marriage, cooking was a stressful chore for me because D and I had very different upbringings. My parents worked full time and so growing up, there was a lot of quickly prepared food (not necessarily instant). With three kids to raise and shoestring budget, brushing up some culinary skills or educating us about exquisite palatable food was the last thing on their minds. Meanwhile, D's family was all about learning wonderful gourmet recipes that you could savor with your eyes and your mouth. D never complained, but I saw in his eyes sheer, barely hidden disappointment when it came to dinner times. He tried to cook as much as he could when he had time after work.

These days, I feel more comfortable. I am still not a great or good cook by any means, but I enjoy doing it more and more. I just realized that stress was infectious, and the stress of preparing food completely took away my care, my love, and drained up a better me.

Anyway, I wish you a great, foodilicious week ahead - all you wonderful people who are hard (or smart?) at work and equally hard at fun.

love, noteonbeauty


Cucumbers ready for canning. It might happen this coming weekend, hopefully :). Haha, it's Monday and I'm thinking about weekend!



D's packed lunch for tomorrow: homemade mac & cheese, recipe courtesy of my good friend Jehan.



Peach pie. (Next would be apple crumble, my mentor Mer Lim, that we will enjoy with vanilla ice cream over Skype! Sounds like a date with ya?)

2 comments:

  1. wheeewwww..... 2 jempol... jago deh mba masaknya... itu yg buat bekal lunch mas D apa mba? Kapan ya giliranku buat belajar masak memasak... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itu macaroni and cheese Non. Mas D kan suka pasta sama keju2 :) Tapi porsi makannya 3xnya itu hehehe.. Nonnie darah jago masaknya udah ada di dalem kaya mas D :)

    ReplyDelete