Thursday, July 28, 2011

My bike spike like/dislike and key wee flee

November 2010
My bike (I got for free at a yard sale) was stolen. Awww... I brought that bike all the way from WY and she had faced all adversity, heat waves, snow, and the Wind of the Ole Plains! :( :( By the way it was really cold that fall day and I decided to go home by campus shuttle. I parked and locked my bike.. and the next morning: she was gone! Somebody cut the lock. Though there were nice, shiny, awesome bikes parked there, mine (rusty and old) was chosen! Ooooh.....

April 2011
I got a new bike, yaaaay :) A guy from Korea was going home and he needed to sell all his stuff - first come first served. Seriously, I was 30 seconds faster from the other buyer. The second I touched the bike, asked how much (he answered $15) and said "I'll buy this," a car was approaching us and the driver looking at us anxiously. When I handed the Korean guy my money, the car driver looked angry and immediately took off.

July 25, 2011
I hurried for an interview and dropped my bicycle key somewhere in the building!
Thankfully the building was close to my apartment and so I walked home, waiting for D who keeps all my spare keys because of my famous carelessness. Of course he got mad at me :) and asked "Do you need a bigger, flashier, more colorful key chain?" Hohohoho... sassy!
He did find me a bigger chain for my second key! He is that serious...

While picking up my bike, I sheepishly asked Annette, the person whom I interviewed if she saw my bike key, but she didn't. I looked for my key in the whole building and couldn't find it. Seriously, where did I drop it???

July 26, 2011
My bike key was miraculously found! Annette e-mailed me at 10:00 in the morning and wrote that a custodian found my key (but she did not say where). Yay!!
I picked it up and then proudly returned my spare key to D hahahaha...

July 27, 2011
I hurried again for another interview, this time with a university police officer. I took time to lock my bike, make sure that I have the key, and then carefully put the key inside my bag. Big accomplishment!
When I went out of the building from the interview, I was surprised that someone stole my lock! But my bicycle was there. I was wondering why someone would steal only the lock????? Soon though I found out that... I locked the wrong bicycle! I didn't lock my bike but locked a bike beside mine. Ouch! Thankfully the owner (maybe a police officer?) did not come to get his/her bike during my interview, otherwise you know what might happen when I lock police officer's bike at the police station :) :) :) Yeah, yeah, giving myself in to trouble!

July 28, 2011
I thought business would go as usual, but I just found out that I lost another key, this time a really really important one! Awwww.... wish me luck finding it!!


Photo accompaniment:
"Lonely bikes" (well, yeah, and lonely bench haha) taken by noteonbeauty in December 2010

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha.... mba lucu deh critanya.... lah kok bisa sih mba....*geleng - geleng* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. giggle :) ... iya nih lucu banget deh ceritanya ...hehehehe... I like your sense of humor... and nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non, kata mas D itu seiring usia yang bertambah..grrrr... :) :) :) Ini yang ilang kunci apartemen, gawat ga tuh... Belum ketemu nih....

    Winnie, ugh... giggling on top of people's suffering (bersukacita atas penderitaan orang lain) hahahahahahaa.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wuakakakka...I'm not only giggling, I am laughing so hard. Especially on the part that you locked someone else's bike!!! Oh my gosh!!! LOL.... grandma Mel.... (peace)
    hope you find your apartment key very soon.

    ReplyDelete