Friday, July 8, 2011

Highlights of the week

Thank God It's Friday, my family and friends. I hope this has been a wonderful week for all of you as it has been for me. I'd like to just give you a quick update about life in this good ole American state!

The garden continues to amaze me. More than 17 people have been enjoying fresh produce from our garden, and we hope that we'll be able to share our garden will a lot more people. Extreme harvest! That's what I have been telling my plants haha. I continue to learn about giving and sharing as my garden neighbors keep showering me with their harvests, tips, stories, plus obviously nods and smiles along the way. This picture below is a bowl of salad I made for lunch sometime this week. The lettuce and cucumber were from our garden, and I am still waiting for my tomatoes to grow and ripe. They grow wild, but unfortunately we have no budget this month to buy tomato cages. I told them (tomatoes) already and asked them to "grow accordingly" hahahaha...



This week D and I have been driving around town to see corn and soybean plants that people here grow and look at local agricultural activities in the area. Just thought I'd share with you a picture of these balls of hay!



As you know, these last two months I have been learning how to knit with some of my friends. Our teacher is a Ph.D. student in the program who will be writing her dissertation on women knitters. Isn't that wonderful? She is a professional knitter and artist who is very well respected in this state. I am really thankful I can learn something from her. She is very generous with her time and don't even charge us money!
I finished my first cowl today! Cowl is like a scarf, but during the cold winter I can also wear it like a head covering (hijab, jilbab). Of course I did brown and green, which will always remind me of this blog (meaning *all of you*) and remind me of our beautiful nature.




If you see those colorful blue-ish balls of yarn, that is my next project. I will be making two baby blankets, one for my friend in WY who just had a baby boy, and one for my sister-in-law who will be having her second child soon. (When is my turn? hahaha.... your prayers will be appreciated!)

Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Stay great, and be fruitful. Salam.

4 comments:

  1. wow,17 people~~~that is amazing~~ we enjoyed it very much, Pam!Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks June, you're always welcome to visit our plot! Sharing is always the best part, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..mba, GR bole nih? :) We always keep praying for both of you. Untuk semua kerinduan dan pergumulan.... love you mas & mba... *peluk dari kami*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Non, doain sukses ini baru nyari2 pola yang gampang, terus besok ditunjukin ke gurunya supaya bisa mulai.. semangat ngebut biar cepet selesai ;) ;)

    Terima kasih doanya... love all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete