May I say: learning one more thing to be an American? :) I don't think we would freeze peas in Indo because we can buy them fresh everyday :) Way to go!
Living in Indonesia is a blessing, isn't it? It might be part of an American experience, but it's certainly not unique to America, right?
I admire how people try to be self supporting. With the cultures of supermarket and mass production of food, it is difficult to understand sometimes where our food comes from.
Food industry is complicated and growing your own food might just be small drops of water in the ocean ;) but I believe that the difference we can make in our own life (and the life of others) is meaningful. For instance, sharing your harvest with others is the best feeling ever. My friend said, "why don't you give tomato plants as a gift for people" (because my tomato plants grow wild haha). It never occurred to me that tomato plants can be a gift but hey it's true!
If you're interested, I'd recommend watching Food, Inc. and maybe this http://being.publicradio.org/programs/2011/driven-by-flavor/
But still, I like eating out or "jajan every day haha" when I am at home. Good or bad? haha....
Haha, aku udah lama ga denger orang bilang "haiya" :) :) :) It is different Vil but I am sure there are a lot of programs out there that encourage us to think more about where our food comes from. Eh food revolution itu Jamie Oliver ya? Happy retreat V, oleh2 hahaha...
wow.... you have abundant fresh healthy peas..... successful farmers :)
ReplyDeleteaww thank you! successful farmers with amazing teachers :D
ReplyDeleteMay I say: learning one more thing to be an American? :) I don't think we would freeze peas in Indo because we can buy them fresh everyday :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
Living in Indonesia is a blessing, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt might be part of an American experience, but it's certainly not unique to America, right?
I admire how people try to be self supporting. With the cultures of supermarket and mass production of food, it is difficult to understand sometimes where our food comes from.
Food industry is complicated and growing your own food might just be small drops of water in the ocean ;) but I believe that the difference we can make in our own life (and the life of others) is meaningful. For instance, sharing your harvest with others is the best feeling ever. My friend said, "why don't you give tomato plants as a gift for people" (because my tomato plants grow wild haha). It never occurred to me that tomato plants can be a gift but hey it's true!
If you're interested, I'd recommend watching Food, Inc. and maybe this http://being.publicradio.org/programs/2011/driven-by-flavor/
But still, I like eating out or "jajan every day haha" when I am at home. Good or bad? haha....
haiya.....relatip lah good or bad,aku juga suka jajan wuakakkaka.....
ReplyDeleteis food,inc the same as food revolution? it's a program in tv there.
Haha, aku udah lama ga denger orang bilang "haiya" :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteIt is different Vil but I am sure there are a lot of programs out there that encourage us to think more about where our food comes from. Eh food revolution itu Jamie Oliver ya?
Happy retreat V, oleh2 hahaha...