adapted from http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/letters.asp,
but I couldn't make it as cool as those kids did, I'm sorry :)
Dear God,
I read somewhere that women speak about 20,000 words a day, while men speak 7,000.
I'm wondering what will happen if women speak less than that. Well, I kind of know, actually - I just ask to keep the conversation going (well, I'm sure you know).
It's awfully quiet this evening. Work has been taking over conversations. I'm keeping the TV on just for company -although most of the time I cannot hear it because I need to use my headphones to do this work. Not many friends are online, which means I cannot chat. God, do you know that I like chatting and chatting makes my work done faster? It's weird, isn't it? But that's the fact. I think it would be cool if you have a Yahoo Messenger account and a Facebook account. I'm sure you'll have so many friends. The coolest thing is, we can chat :)
God,
I think many people need someone (or people) to talk to. I know people who like chatting with people they don't know over Messenger, chatting room, or even Facebook. All use the Internet. There is something interesting about being in the virtual world, it seems, where there is anonimity involved. You know God, like, people cannot see our face. People cannot know our complete identity. If I think about it, who says that we don't like to talk to strangers? I think we talk to strangers all the time: doctors, psychologists, counselors, virtual friends, etc. Do you think people do it because it's just safer to talk with strangers, God? Because we don't have to deal with them in our day-to-day lives? And now, with the Internet and this whole virtual deal, it makes it even more easier, right?
Ok, God, I remember a story about a person who studies abroad. Away from families and friends, he is often lonely. And so he starts to chat with a "stranger," a woman. Soon enough, of course, he likes what he talks about with the woman. I don't know if you will call it "love," God, but I think in the story, he calls it love. So if she is not online, he begins to worry. He can sit in front of his computer for hours, chatting with that woman. He forgets to eat, he forgets to sleep, and sometimes he is late for classes, too, all because of chatting. Everything that he talks about with her is just inexhaustible; every conversation is beautiful, funny, and just so inspiring. Then in the course of time, the Internet is no longer enough, and they start to exchange phone numbers, addresses, and even e-mail passwords. I think he even sends her money. I don't remember exactly the end of the story. But you know everything, maybe YOU can tell me the end of the story, lol. So I don't know if he gets back to his real life back home and has to forget the relationship, or he actually continues the relationships when he gets back home.
See God, people often need others just to talk to. So if you're on Facebook or Messenger, then people will be able to talk to you. Although I'm sure it will make you be even busier, I know you will love it, won't you? I know you like talking to people. I know God, I know, you have the 24-hour hotline channel that is called prayer. I know you're going to say that. But we often think that prayers are like, one way conversation. That is people like me, God, I hope you understand. We like instant answers, instant conversations - sorry, I hope this won't hurt your feeling. I definitely think you should explain more to us that we can have chats with you. We can, right? (Shh, I can help you explain/advertise this if you want).
God, thank you for reading my letter, and thank you for letting me talk with you. You're a very good listener! And I know you're busy, but please reply my letter. And don't forget to create that Messenger account, please :).
Xoxo (do you accept xoxo as a closing to a letter?) God, and I'll talk with you again soon,
~m.
---- dedicated to my friend, SRK. Don't cry, please. Hey, you can always chat with me. I know I won't be as interesting as he is, (and that can make you gain your weight back, unfortunately) but I'm here.
p.s. God,
You know I prayed for someone who does not like to talk much. You know I don't like a too-much chatter. Thank you so much for granting my wish. It's very kind of you. Sorry to ask about this, I hope you won't be mad: Now, do you think I can pray for that someone to talk a little bit more often? LOL.
LOL for the last part of your prayer!
ReplyDeleteIf I were God, i would say oh, yeah! somebody wants me to make a messanger account! that means somebody wants to talk to me! Finally...
what a thoughtful prayer. you know, as time goes by, prayers on little real things on everyday life are necessary.
as for me also struggling about these chatting things.
thanks for sharing :)
Hahahahaahahaahaaaa... I'm glad you got it :)
ReplyDeleteYou are struggling about the chatting things? In what way?
you know, in the way that it gets in to my brain first when i open my notebook, then after that i stop my work for chatting, just like now.... LOL :D
ReplyDelete