Then I look at my brother's basketball ring. And I realize, where is the soil? There is no soil in this beautiful garden (or yard)! They (I won't mention who) have turned the soil into paving blocks. The idea that I never approve, actually, except that it makes the yard looks cleaner, more modern, easier for the house owners as well, plus it's an asset. How come?
These days, a big yard is a luxury. It feels that a big yard is an asset because when you plan to invite many people over, you won't have to rent a place. The yard becomes a place of praise, as I hear time and again from people who enjoy themselves at this yard where I'm looking below to.
This is a really big yard. And we can see those beautiful orchids!
What do you do with all these plants? They are so wonderful!
This is really a great venue. Eating here, you're looking up and you see the sky with all the stars. The light illuminates the colors of the flowers. It's just great.
I hear that over and over, and over. At the same time, I can almost hear the soil is screaming for help. Let me go from this paving blocks! I need to breathe! I want you to step on me, feeling the dirt on your feet and understanding that this is where all the greatness starts. I long for you to hold me, to see the beautiful red-brown healthiness where the magic happens. Save me, save me from this solid, eternal darkness!
I wish I could soothe that crying for help,but there is nothing I can do. I can only explain to the soil that for human beings, often times the soil is, well, the soil. And as a soil, it does not have much of a say, especially in having to compete with what-so-called human interests. Human interests...hmm... they sound very political, but actually they can be really as simple as pie. The fact that people grow old and tending a big yard (with soil on it) does not sound like a compelling idea. The fact that the soil represents uncleanliness and the need to re-clean and re-clean it again will just unbelivable. The fact that people simply love relationship, comfort, and beauty at the same time, and unfortunately paving blocks promise those three.
(to be continued)
No comments:
Post a Comment