Monday, January 4, 2010

Stop to Sing :D

Once again I found myself stuck in lines and lines of my own writing ("academic" writing, that is). I have two choices: keep on writing and therefore force my mind to think, or take a break. If you know me really well, you will know which one I choose :). And I am taking my break now, listening to one of my favorite songs. It's called "Masa Kecilku" or My Childhood, originally sung by Elfa Singer's, a well-known vocal group in Indonesia.

(This version is sung by Gisel, one of the Indonesian Idol contestants)


Parts of the song say (my free translation):
Terkenang masa-masa kecilku
(I remember my childhood)
Senangnya aku slalu dimanja
(I was happy, I was always spoiled)
Apa yang kuminta selalu saja ada
(Everything I asked was granted)
dari mama, dari papa
(from mommy, from daddy)
cium pipiku dulu
(and they kissed my cheeks)

Saat ku tiba berulang tahun
(When I had my birthday)
Senangnya hadiah ku boneka
(I was glad, the present was a doll -well, or stuffed animal... heehee)
Lucunya, kusuka, sampai kini kusuka
(It was cute, I love it until now)
Kini aku tlah dewasa
(Now I've grown up)
boneka kubawa selalu
(But I always carry the doll/the stuffed animal)

Ingin ku kembali
(I want to go back)
kemasa yang lalu
(to the past)
Bahagianya dulu
(to the happy times)
waktu kecilku
(when I was a child)

Kudengar cerita
(I heard stories)
mama papa bilang
(my mom and dad say)
aku lincah lucu
(I was cute and lively)
waktu kecilku
(in my childhood)

Waktu kecilku.. aku suka bernyanyi
(When I was a child... I liked singing)

Although I was not spoiled by my parents when I was little, and I was more naughty than cute, but the last sentence was true for me. When I was little, I liked singing. Even until now. It's not that my voice is nice or anything..lol.. but when you like something, you just like it, don't you?

When I lived in my previous apartment, I had a very kind neighbor who drives the university express bus. He played violin. Every time he saw me outside the apartment, he always said, "I hope you don't mind me practicing violin every day. If you think that I'm too loud, please call me and let me know."And he gave me his phone number. "No, no, " I said, "In fact, I never heard the sound of your violin."
The apartment houses were knitted close together, but really, I never heard the sound of the violin. Only one day when I walked in front of his apartment did I hear him practicing.

One day, he saw me again outside the apartment. He said hello and then he told me that he was going out of town to play violin with his group. I said that I hoped he would have a great time. I also said that I would love to hear him playing. He promised he would let me know when he had a concert in town. Before he hopped into his car, he said,"Oh, by the way, I know you like singing. I always hear you singing, I think in the bathroom because as you know, our bathrooms are just a wall away."

Oops..... hahahahahahahaaa....
Since then I always made sure that I whisper instead of sing loudly!!

Ok, and when I feel stuck with writing a paper or studying, I'll sing :)
Like right now. For you who have talents to play musical instruments, be thankful, because I can only sing along to YouTube videos...lol
Shhhhh.. no comments to thing song, please :) :)



Phew.... I feel better.
Now back to writing :) Wish me luck!


--Thank you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6im96y3mTQ


ooppps... addition :) :)

3 comments:

  1. comment from viliya :) :)

    do you know that i like to sing and i can play piano too? but i don't have any music instrument at home
    pvdp535: i'm listening to music when i'm working too
    pvdp535: LOL for your neighbor who hear your singing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never find you singing a song :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. looh... bay, lha itu udah tak nyanyiin Looking Through the Eyes of Love...

    ReplyDelete