My in-law called earlier and said that she got my card. Also, she got a notification from the local post office saying that she got a package (from me, of course). They could not deliver the package and she had to go to the post office to get it. Also, if she wanted to get it (the letter said), she would need to pay Rp 7,000.-
That's the latest news, and I'll keep you updated :)
Pam,I remember once when I sent my packages from Norway to Indonesia. At that time I sent around 4packages (I made a list for each of the packages just to make sure what kind of things were inside). After a while my father got a notification from Central Post Office and so he got to pick up those packages himself. He went there and all the packages were openned already, they said that they have to make sure that those things werent illegal >.< Anyway,just the same case like your in-law,they asked my father to pay (I dont remember how much it was) but the thing is my father didnt want to pay ;) He asked why should he pay as a receiver? Afterall the sender (which was me) had payed the cost already. Guess what?? They said,the fee was for giving all the packages wrapping plastic coz they had openned the packages LOL!
ReplyDeleteJust to make a short story,after all those argumentations,my father agreed to pay some small fee but they had to send the packages to us at our door or in other words my father didnt want to take all those packages coz he used motorcycle at that time ;)
Did your in-law asked them what was the purpose of paying those 7000 IDR? ;)
Hi Ut,
ReplyDeleteWow... interesting!! Thanks a lot for sharing. I'm very sure that this is the same experience.
So did they finally deliver the packages to your parents' house?
Gee.. I should call my in-law then to let them know! Good thing that I was asked to list the items, too, at the post office here so I have the list of what are inside.
What the post office did was just completely weird and they did not appreciate privacy at all! Well, not to even ask the purpose of opening all those packages besides "to check if things were illegal."
Oh, my dearest country...
Oy, Mba Pam!
ReplyDeleteApparently good luck is still with me. The package I sent arrived on Monday afternoon! OMG, 21 days! What the ... Anyway, I'm relieved and happy now. :)
It was already stated on the delivery paper from Norway about what the things were inside. Afterall those were my books.
ReplyDeleteYes they did deliver those packages to my parent's door coz my father said he wouldnt pay unless they deliver those packages and so they delivered them to my parent then my father payed ;)
yay for all your packages that have been arrived.
ReplyDeletewell, it's a public secret that there is always possibility that officers will open the packages. More over the Indonesian officers.
I think there are two kinds of services that the post office offered us. One is that the package is delivered to the recepient's door, and the other one is that the recepient has to take it in the post office. The officers in the post office told me that, so i chose the one that is delivered to the door :) eventhough it's more expensive.