Sunday, December 20, 2009

Children, colors

D & I went to Cheyenne today because I missed my Indonesian INDOMIE (i.e. instant noodles) and we wanted to buy them at an international market in Cheyenne. An Indonesian friend went with us. When we got there, the store was closed! We had never been to the store and therefore had no idea that the store closes on Sundays.


After going to the mall instead, we realized that our Indonesian friend has never gone around Cheyenne and so we decided to take him to see the State Capitol and Lions Park.





At the Lions Park, D & I found a new Children's Park (We didn't know if it was new or if it was there the last time we came to visit but we didn't realize). Anyway, the park was for kids, of course, but something interested us to explore. So we found tipis, the wobbly bridge, farmers' windmill, and the display of 1000 Santas. When we were there, some kids were having a great time making pinecone bird feeder with peanut butter. (Shhh... we even tried the wobbly bridge, of course!)

These attractions might sounds simple, but that was exactly what I thought about the children after exploring the park. Children were simple, easily entertained (although easily bored, sometimes?), and their lives were just colorful.




As I grew up, sometimes I found myself to be complicated. I should also be entertained by more complicated (well, I should say complex) things. My life at times consisted of black, white, and at times gray. I often forgot if I dreamed in black and white or color (although, of course, black and white are also colors).

This afternoon I was reminded about the meaning of simplicity and how I should learn from the children.

Notes:
Ok, these are some questions I got from the park office today:
1. What do you call someone who is afraid of Santa?
2. What's an elf's favorite breakfast?
3. What's on the gingerbread man's bed?
4. How does Jack Frost get to work?

2 comments:

  1. What a thought!

    ok, let me try this:
    1. A freak
    2. pancake
    3. sugar
    4. by a snow sled

    LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the answers, v :) :)

    ReplyDelete