I often see this woman walking on Grand Avenue. Sometimes I see her around 15th Street and sometimes I see her walking near Walmart. That is more than 15 blocks of walking! I see her walking from/to both directions, in all seasons: summer, spring, and even in the middle of the falling snow. I have lots of questions to ask her. Why does she always walk? Does she need a ride? Does she not have family or friends to take her around? Is she alright, after all?
But I don't know why I never stop to ask her the questions. I don't even dare to stop and ask if she needs a ride. That makes me think of how many times I see something and yet I just don't pay any attention. Or I pay attention, but I'm just too afraid to stop and ask a "stranger." Will I ever have the courage to stop and ask this woman if she needs a ride, one day? We'll see.
Ma'am, whoever you are, I hope you are fine and hope you have people around you whom you love and who love you. Merry Christmas.
I was listening to this song while I wrote this post. The two were probably not related (although my friend Rae always says that everything can be related), but it just made me feel even more sad thinking about the walking woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment